~*~Secrets~*~ 4:07 PM

I was just a little girl
With ribbons and curls
My favorite shows were Brady Bunch… Flintstones
My favorite color was purple
I loved riding my bike
Playing house with my sister
I loved school
My mom was my hero
I wanted to be important

But I had a secret…

I was a pre-teen
I was stuck between child and teen
I spit out hateful words- cuz I was scared
My favorite color was black
I enjoyed talking to the stars
I watched talk shows
I dreamed of my life as a drug addicted slut

And I had a secret…

High school years were full of confusion
And my secret made things harder
I didn’t go one day without thinking about it
Without feeling the hurt inside
My whole body hurt
Little girls shouldn’t feel this
He was supposed to be someone I trust
Not the guy that shared my bed

But it remained a secret

I cut… to bleed
I threw up… to purge emotion
I had sex… to fill a black hole
I lied… so no one would want me
I hurt… and no one knew

I am older now
I am in a healthy relationship
I love road trips
My favorite shows are sitcoms
My favorite color is pink
I love to play house
Just for the normality

And slowly I am letting go of my secret…

0 comments: